Fees & Payment
- Individual fees for part-time courses are payable in advance and in the amount agreed to in the application, and invoiced.
- Corporate fees for ongoing, open-ended courses are payable monthly on receipt of invoice.
- Direct deposits or electronic payments are to be made to Bank: First National Bank, Address: 9th Avenue Shopping Centre, Walmer, Port Elizabeth, South
Africa, Branch Code: 211217, Account name: Bay Language Institute, Account number: 62521680208, Reference: YOUR NAME!
Swift Code: FIRNZAJJ. Please notify us by phone or e-mail that you have deposited fees into our account.
- Customers are responsible for charges incurred when transferring fees.
- All refunds, course postponements or changes are at the discretion of the bli directors. Any decision in this regard is final.
- In the case of intensive, short or fixed-term courses, one month’s written notice of cancellation / termination / withdrawal is binding on both parties. Cancellations within the 30 day period
may attract a cancellation fee of 10% of the total fees.
bli will refund in full deposits and fees paid in the event of course cancellations by the Institute.
- Students who do not arrive for lessons will forfeit those lessons unless a medical certificate or other relevant & valid documentation is produced. Attendance is the responsibility
of the student; failure to comply with academic requirements may mean that no certificate will be issued.
- Individual lessons may be rescheduled if absolutely necessary, but only with the approval of both the trainer and the Institute.
- Students are not insured by Bay Language Institute against illness, accident, theft or any loss of personal effects. Bay Language Institute or its
representatives cannot accept responsibility for any accident occurring during a course, on or off the course premises, on excursions or during activities. Full personal insurance cover should be
taken out to include medical and any other expenses and also loss of fees should the whole or part of a course or any activity, paid in advance, not be attended.
- All courses at Bay Language Institute are offered subject to availability. We reserve the right to change courses and fees (except in the case of binding quotes to corporate
clients) without prior notice, but will make a concerted effort to keep clients informed.
Bay Language Institute reserves the right to determine the needs and level of students and will not accept liability for any errors made in this regard.
Bay Language Institute will provide training material as and when required. This will take the form of photocopied documents. The basis of our training is practical use of
the language, and students may be required to generate relevant material themselves.
- Any student conduct deemed by Bay Language Institute or its representatives to be detrimental to other students, the school or homestay families, may result in the student
being asked to leave the school. No refunds will be made in this case.
- No student may enter into discussions regarding private or personal teaching or make arrangements with bli trainers without prior approval of the school. Any student who
arranges private tutoring with a bli trainer / teacher will be liable for legal action, and a minimum fine of R 20,000.00 will be requested.
- Time and day changes of courses are acceptable, but only in the event of absolute necessity, agreement by the entire group, and approval by the Institute and / or its representatives.
Place of jurisdiction in the event of any dispute: the courts at Port Elizabeth, South Africa.